As a credit and collection professional, you play a critical role in helping companies manage their accounts receivable. This topic will explore how you can best succeed in that role.
From the different types of collection calls you might have to make, to the tools that can help you and your employer make progress, to the ins-and-outs of turning to a collection agency, the goal of this topic is to help you develop new capabilities, while you sharpen the ones you've already gained in your career.
Whether you're just starting out and using the material as an opportunity to get your bearings in the industry, or you're a seasoned professional simply brushing up on your skills, we hope you find the content interesting, rewarding, and useful for your career in credit and collections.
- You will be able to discuss the most effective in-house collections techniques.
- You will be able to review the DO's and DON'Ts of telephone collections.
- You will be able to identify best practices for overcoming objections received from customers.
- You will be able to describe benefits of working with outside collection agencies (OCAs).
This Live Webinar Covers These Hot Issues:
Establishing an Internal Collections Process
- Internal Collections Best Practices – During the Sales Process, Before the Invoice Due Date
- Steps to Take After the Due Date – Setting a Demand/Escalation Schedule; In-House Collections Best Practices
- Techniques for Collecting From Your Customers – Including Verbal and Written Communication
Third Party Collections Agency Procedures and Best Practices – Working With an Outside Collection Agency (OCA)
- Legal Aspects of B2B Collections – Litigation Considerations
Credit Information (Sponsored by Lorman Education Services)
For Detailed Credit Information page click here
Only registered attendee will receive continuing education credit.
Robert (Bob) M. Tharnish, ABC-Amega
- Senior vice president, Attorney Network Services
- Certified Senior Collection Professional
- As a senior professional with ABC-Amega, he manages global collections for key clients
- Also responsible for monitoring the performance of our worldwide affiliate attorney network of more than 300 legal affiliates spanning over 150 countries
- Began his career at ABC-Amega in 1978, and has held various positions within the organization
- Has given numerous industry-related presentations, including a series of lectures on “Credit and Collections in the U.S.” for the British Department of Trade & Industry
- A veteran of the U.S. Army’s Military Intelligence Branch, and currently serves on the International Association of Commercial Collectors’ (IACC) board of directors
- B.B.A. degree, University of Georgia’s Columbus College
Jeff Tharnish, ABC-Amega
- International account manager
- Certified Senior Collection Professional
- Works directly with the vice president of Global Operations to manage the daily global collections departmental needs
- Assists the ABC-Amega’s international collection representatives in maintaining the company’s high quality standards and international best practices
- Managing an international collections desk, he works closely with clients to recover their past-due account receivables from debtors all around the world. He provides orientation and ongoing education to ensure clients are fully-versed on the collections processes and procedures put forth by ABC-Amega, in addition to explaining international differences in law and procedure as questions arise
- Has been with ABC-Amega since 2007, and has learned the business by working in a number of departments including domestic and international third-party collections as well as first-party outsourcing
- B.A. degree in history, Grove City College
Jennifer Tirre-Daniels, ABC-Amega
- Director of Global Business Services
- Registered Global Credit Professional - ICTF Thunderbird School of Global Management
- Works as an integral part of ABC-Amega’s business development team to develop and implement innovative strategies for generating new business, in addition to expanding opportunities with current clients and industry partners in Europe, Latin America, Canada, the Middle East and Asia
- Focus on partnering with global, multinational companies located outside of the United States is complemented by her diverse language abilities
- Previous experience includes account executive and event management experience as well as time in education recruitment
- B.A. degree in music, Duquesne University and is an acclaimed soprano opera singer