Learn how to implement key internal controls to identify and prevent errors and fraud.
Proper maintenance and safeguarding of Vendor Masters Files is important to an organization. Ignoring issues or having poor controls over the Vendor Files can lead to loss of data and potential financial loss. Substandard Vendor Master File practices can increase risk of an organization to both general public and regulators.
This topic is designed to help those in charge of overseeing their organization Vendor Master Files with understanding the threats to vendor files, identifying potential areas of weakness, designing and implementing procedures to minimize risk, which are all important in today's business environment.
- You will be able to identify the common problems encountered with Vendor Master file maintenance.
- You will be able to recognize and implement vendor file best practices.
- You will be able to identify the importance of proper vendor verification and continuing file maintenance.
- You will be able to explain why a Vendor File Best Practices program is important.
This Live Webinar Covers These Hot Issues:
Vendor Master Files – Safeguarding and Maintaining Your Information
- Vendor Master Files Important – Understanding the Basics
- Problems That Are Encountered With Poor Master File Controls
- The Cost of Poor File Maintenance
Frauds That Can Be Encountered and Prevented
- TIN Solicitation and Avoiding Problems Commonly Encountered
- How to Deal With Verifying New Vendors and Verifying Their Information Before Setting
- up in System
- How to Collect Data for a Compliance and Verification Program
- How to Cleanse Data Files
- What to Do When Things Go Wrong
Best Practices for Data Files
- How to Implement Best Practices to Protect Your Master Files
- Dealing With One Time Vendors
- Data File Maintenance Programs
- Designing the Proper System for Your Organization
- Tips on Preventing Fraud and Misuse of Your Files
- Importance of Segregation of Duties
Credit Information (Sponsored by Lorman Education Services):
For Detailed Credit Information page click here
Only registered attendee will receive continuing education credit.
Hubert Klein, CPA/ABV/CFF/CGMA, CVA, CFE, EisnerAmper LLP
- Partner in the Forensic, Litigation and Valuation Services Group at EisnerAmper, LLP New York, NY
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of Financial Advisory Service - Forensic and Litigation Services
- Consulted and provided services in matters including complex damages, business valuations, due diligence analysis, fraud and forensic investigations, matrimonial proceedings, lost profit calculations, shareholder disputes, insurance claims analysis, succession planning, and estate and gift planning
- Has served as an agreed-upon neutral expert and as an expert witness appointed by judges in the above types of matters and to issue reports for the courts on these cases
- Also been appointed by various courts to serve as a Receiver, Provisional Director, Special Fiscal Agent and Court’s Independent Forensic Auditor in various civil litigation matters
- Experienced in providing traditional accounting services, such as financial statement and tax return preparation, financial analysis, and consulting services for closely held businesses
- Frequently speaks to both business and civic groups on topics such as business valuation, forensic accounting, commercial damages and fraud. He has presented to both regional and national organizations, including the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA) Annual Consultants’ Conference and Training Institute; was previously recognized as a NACVA State Chapter Committee Honoree for extraordinary committee participation
- Can be contacted at 212-891-4011 or Hubert.email@example.com