This timely topic will review significant recent decisions under Article 9. You will learn to spot various issues and how to avoid problems when encountering them. Cases that develop Article 9 law and cases that remind us of important issues will be covered.
You will learn when to ensure compliance with Article 9, how to make sure you have the proper debtor name, how to avoid priority pitfalls and how to enforce security interests while avoiding lender liability.
- You will be able to describe recent Article 9 case law developments.
- You will be able to discuss the authority to file issue.
- You will be able to explain why foreclosures must be carefully planned.
- You will be able to recognize the importance of careful drafting.
This Live Webinar Covers These Hot Issues:
Case Law Developments – Organized by Topic
- Scope of Article 9
- Conditional Title and Insurance
- Creation and Attachment
- Basic Issues
- Authentication of Security Agreement
- Collateral Descriptions
- Perfection by Filing
- Debtor Names
- Issues With Driver's License Solution
- Foreign Filing Systems
- Authority to File (Motors Liquidation)
- Certificates of Title
- Mortgage Assignments
- Automatic Perfection
- Perfection by Control
- Does Equity Matter?
- Garnishments and PMSIs
- Buyer Beware
- Public vs. Private Sales, Enforcement Against Account Debtors and §9620 Windfalls
- §9607 Enforcement
- Strict Foreclosure
- Commercial Reasonableness
Credit Information (Sponsored by Lorman Education Services)
For Detailed Credit Information page click here
Only registered attendee will receive continuing education credit.
Darrell W. Pierce, Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Member of Dykema Gossett PLLC in Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Focuses on corporate and commercial transactions, particularly those governed by the Uniform Commercial Code
- More than 30 years of experience in the practice of corporate and commercial law
- Fellow of the American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers
- Represents lenders and borrowers in commercial finance transactions
- Served on the Article 9 Study Committee and the Article 9 Drafting Committee as the chair of the Article 9 Filing Project
- Frequent lecturer on Uniform Commercial Code issues
- J.D. degree, University of Michigan Law School; A.B. degree, Dartmouth College
- Can be contacted at 734-214-7634 or firstname.lastname@example.org