Compliance with federal and state tax laws in the marijuana industry can be complicated. Gain a better understanding of current marijuana tax issues and reporting requirements.
This topic will educate those new to the marijuana industry about the tax issues faced by the industry including section 280E, current IRS enforcement measures, Form 8300 information reporting requirements, and other issues arising when preparing tax returns for marijuana companies and in dealing with the IRS.
- You will be able to review the background of Section 280E.
- You will be able to discuss CHAMP issues.
- You will be able to describe working with collections.
- You will be able to recognize Form 8300 reporting issues.
This Live Webinar Covers These Hot Issues:
- Legal Issues
- Accounting Issues
- Choice of Entity and Structuring
- Updates on IRS Guidance, Litigation, Legislative Proposals
Other Tax Issues
- CHAMP Issues
- Work in Process
- IRS Audits
- Payroll Tax Deposits
- Working With Collections
Form 8300 Reporting Issues
- Reporting Requirements
- Information Gathering
Credit Information (Sponsored by Lorman Education Services):
For Detailed Credit Information page click here
Only registered attendee will receive continuing education credit.
Jennifer Benda, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Partner with Fox Rothschild LLP
- Former certified public accountant who focuses her practice on tax controversy, tax compliance and tax planning for clients with difficult and sophisticated tax issues
- Extensive experience handling cases involving IRS focused compliance regimes including for clients who invested in listed transactions, conservation easements, captive insurance arrangements, and clients who own marijuana businesses
- Experience as a CPA makes her uniquely qualified to address the issues of the marijuana industry, which are a unique blend of accounting and legal considerations
- Counsels accountants faced with professional liability issues
- J.D. degree, with honors, George Washington University Law School; M.S. and B.B.A. degrees in accounting, Texas A&M University