Increase your understanding of the current Form 1099 regulations and be prepared for revised 2018 IRS filing deadlines.
The world of 1099 reporting requires us to be knowledgeable of the complicated revisions of expanding 1099 rules. There will be continual uncertainty as to what burdensome revisions we may expect next.
Thus, it is imperative to gain insight as to the current laws concerning information reporting. Be informed of the most recent information reporting regulations to assure that you and your clients remain compliant with proper policies and procedures, and advise payors of their responsibilities.
- You will be able to review electronic filing of forms 1099.
- You will be able to discuss IRS 2100/2100A and subsequent B-Notices to payees.
- You will be able to explain backup withholding requirements.
- You will be able to describe independent contractor issues, misclassifications and remedies (Form 1099-MISC).
This Live Webinar Covers These Hot Issues:
The Basics of 1099 Reporting
- Types of Payments Requiring 1099s
- IRS TIN Matching Program and Procedures to Correct Inaccurate 1099s
- Electronic Filing of Forms 1099 (FIRE)
- IRS 2100/2100A and Subsequent B-Notices to Payees
- Increased Penalties for Noncompliance: Penalty Notices and Fees
- Backup Withholding Requirements
- U.S. and Nonresident Requirements
Updates on Current Hot Topics in the 1099 World
- Form 1099-B Requirements: Broker Basis Reporting
- Consumer/Debtor Alert: Form 1099-C - Cancelation of Debt (COD)
IRS Merchant Acquirer Reporting Requirements: Code Section 6050W and Form 1099-K
- Independent Contractor Issues - Misclassifications and Remedies (Form 1099-MISC)
- Voluntary Classification Settlement Program (VCSP) (Form 8952)
- 2018 Legislation and the Future of Information Reporting
Credit Information (Sponsored by Lorman Education Services):
- Enrolled Agents
For Detailed Credit Information page click here
Only registered attendee will receive continuing education credit.
Marcia L. Miller, M.B.A, E.A., Financial Horizons, Inc.
- President and owner of Financial Horizons, Inc., a full service accounting and tax firm
- Enrolled agent entitled to practice before the Internal Revenue Service
- 40 years of accounting, tax and management consulting in South Florida for a practice with an emphasis on representing small business owners in all aspects of taxes, employment and labor issues, pensions, estate planning as well as federal, state (nationwide) and foreign mandatory reporting
- Member - Internal Revenue Service's Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee (IRPAC)
- Author, speaker and teleconference expert for various national companies and accounting organizations at their annual conferences, lecturing on a multitude of tax, technical and nontechnical topics focusing on the areas of tax planning, management and health care reform
- Managing director, Transition Advisors, LLC, leading CPAs through transition with succession and M & A strategies
- Live presenter at the 2016 CCH Annual User's Conference and FICPA Chapter meetings regarding Succession Planning for CPAs
- Previous nationwide presenter of tax legislative seminars for Thomson Reuters' Bell Learning series on current business taxation and accounting issues
- Former adjunct professor at Nova Southeastern University's H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship