Gain a better understanding of how to advise on tax planning and for social security disability benefits as well as important reporting requirements.
Professionals such as financial planners, accountants and attorneys are asked by clients about rules and regulations in many different areas. Statistics from the Council for disability awareness published in 2013 stated that one in four of today's 20 year-olds will be disabled before they retire.
They go on to state that about 12% of the U.S. population, about 37 million people, are classified as disabled. Odds are that you have clients, family members or friends asking about disability issues. This topic will give you the facts you need to know to be able to answer Social Security Disability questions confidently and accurately.
This material will give you the knowledge you need to expand and improve your practice in professional advisory.
- You will be able to explain to clients and audiences how to qualify for Social Security disability benefits and keep them.
- You will be able to discuss the tax aspects of Social Security Disability and advise on tax planning for these benefits.
- You will be able to describe how a disabled child can collect Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and convert to Social Security Disability benefits in the future.
- You will be able to identify yourself as a Social Security Benefit expert and expand your practice.
This Live Webinar Covers These Hot Issues:
Who Qualifies for Disability?
- How Long Do You Need to Work Before Being Eligible?
- What Benefit Are You Eligible for?
- When Do Your DBI Benefits End?
Family Benefits Available
Children With Disabilities
- What Benefits Are Available?
- What Happens When Child Reaches Age 18?
- What Benefits Are Available From the Parents?
Taxation of Disability Benefits
- Single, Married Filing Jointly, Married Filing Separate, Head of Household
- Collection of Multi-Year Benefits in a Lump Sum
Credit Information (Sponsored by Lorman Education Services):
- Enrolled Agents
For Detailed Credit Information page click here
Only registered attendee will receive continuing education credit.
Theodore J. Sarenski, CPA/PFS, CFP, AEP, Blue Ocean Strategic Capital, LLC
- CEO of Blue Ocean Strategic Capital, LLC
- Recognized locally and nationally as an expert providing financial planning advice
- Currently appears on WSTM-3, Syracuse’s NBC affiliate, taking viewers’ calls and offering planning concepts to viewers; appeared on the PBS affiliate in Syracuse as a permanent guest host of the program “Financial Fitness” which aired live for one-half hour every Thursday at 8 PM EST
- Received the 2013 Distinguished Service Award by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Personal Financial Planning Division for contributions to further financial planning within the CPA community, industry-related publications and speaking engagements across the country; in 2016, he was selected to be on the Wolters Kluwer Financial and Estate Planning Advisory Board
- Has presented to regional Estate Planning Councils from Seattle to Syracuse on financial planning topics and Social Security
- Has been interviewed by hundreds of radio stations across the U.S. on tax and financial planning topics since 2005; also speaks on financial planning topics at major professional national conferences for organizations such as the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Financial Planning Association, and for private groups
- Written articles on financial planning that have appeared in The Journal of Accountancy, The CPA Journal, The Journal of Taxation and the AICPA Wealth Management Insider; wrote a CPAs Guide to Social Security for the American Institute of CPAs in 2011, and is responsible for its update annually
- Has been interviewed and quoted in many publications including: USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Consumer Reports, The Christian Science Monitor, Investment News, Kiplinger Personal Finance Report, Financial Planning magazine (cover photo February 2013), Accounting Today and The Practical Accountant
- Can be contacted at 315-471-2672, firstname.lastname@example.org, his website, www.boscllc.com, or on Twitter® @tjsPlanner