Gain a better understanding of how the impact of new tax changes can uncover tax breaks for your clients.
It's considered the biggest tax overhaul since 1986. The Tax Cuts and Job Act (TCJ) became law on December 22, 2017. The impact of tax changes will affect corporations, non-corporate businesses and individual taxpayers. Some will pay more, others less and a few may see no change.
As with any new tax law, there are often opportunities to structure tax benefits that are not always recognized at first glance. Please join speaker, E. Pete Lewis, for an inside look at planning considerations that may apply to you.
- You will be able to discuss how to obtain a comprehensive understanding of 30 major tax changes that will affect most taxpayers.
- You will be able to identify ways to use certain TCJ provisions for the purpose of reducing taxable income.
- You will be able to recognize how to be prepared to plan against the loss of certain tax benefits.
- You will be able to review ways to transition tax rules into tax strategies.
This Live Webinar Covers These Hot Issues:
Overview of the Tax Cuts and Job Act of 2018
Planning for Corporations and Business Shareholders
- How TCJA Broadens Tax Benefits When Restructuring S-Corps and C-Corps
- Tax Planning to Dilute Tax Liability of Personal Service Corporations
- The Silver Lining Under New Section 1031 Like-Kind Exchange Rules
- How Employee/Shareholders May Recover From the Loss of Unreimbursed Business Deductions
- Survival of Mark to Market Accounting to Release Deferred Stock Losses Trapped in
- "Wash Sale Rules"
- Tax Benefits From Portability Planning Under TCJA Estate Tax Exemption
- Survival of Tax Breaks Inherent in Captive Business Insurance Premiums
Credit Information (Sponsored by Lorman Education Services)
For Detailed Credit Information page click here
Only registered attendee will receive continuing education credit.
E. Pete Lewis, M.B.A., CPA, EA, Lewis & Associates Tax Planning, Inc.
- Principal in Lewis & Associates Tax Planning, Inc.
- Firm specializes in IRS and Illinois tax debt relief, tax planning, audit representation and tax compliance for business owners and individuals
- More than 30 years of tax experience working in public accounting, legal and corporate environments
- Adjunct professor at De Paul University and University of Phoenix
- Awarded national Faculty of the Year in 2016 by University of Phoenix
- M.B.A. degree in finance, Dominican University; CPA and EA admitted to practice before the IRS
- Can be contacted at 630-845-9664 or firstname.lastname@example.org