Prevent costly penalties and learn how to safely manage requirements and procedures surrounding Form W-9.
This timely topic will provide information about the purpose of the form and when it should be obtained. You will learn who can complete Form W-9 for U.S. persons, and if the payee is a foreign person, that Form W-8 is necessary.
In addition, this important topic will provide valuable information regarding the backup withholding requirements if the W-9 information is not obtained and the risk to your company if backup withholding is not performed.
- You will be able to review the B-Notice Process.
- You will be able to explain backup withholding name/TIN mismatch or no TIN.
- You will be able to discuss Form W-8BEN, or W-8ECI, W-8IMY, W-8EXP.
- You will be able to describe definition of U.S. Citizen, U.S. Resident Alien and U.S. Nonresident Alien.
This Live Webinar Covers These Hot Issues:
- What Is the Form W-9?
- What Is the Primary Purpose of Form W-9?
Is a Form W-9 Mandatory?
- Who Should Complete Form W-9?
- Definition of U.S. Citizen, U.S. Resident Alien and U.S. Nonresident Alien
- Disregarded Entity, How to Complete Form W-9
- E-Services Online TIN Matching Program
- Backup Withholding Name/TIN Mismatch or No TIN
- Electronic W-9 Process
- Brief Overview of B-Notice Process
Form W-8 Series
- What Is the Form W-8BEN, or W-8ECI, W-8IMY, W-8EXP?
- Instructions for Requestor of W-8BEN
- What Is the Purpose of Form W-8?
- Who Should Complete Form W-8?
- Definition of Foreign Person or Nonresident Alien
- What Is U.S. Sourced Income?
- U.S. Nonresident Withholding
- Back-up Withholding
- Reporting to U.S. Nonresidents on Form 1042-S
Credit Information (Sponsored by Lorman Education Services)
- Enrolled Agents
For Detailed Credit Information page click here
Only registered attendee will receive continuing education credit.
Mary H. Angelbeck
- Retired member of Ernst & Young’s National Employment Tax/Information Reporting Group
- Enrolled agent with the IRS
- More than 30 years of experience in the field of taxation, both as a state administrator and as a consultant
- Practice included managing large payroll restructuring projects; payroll tax advisory services related to mergers and acquisitions; providing year-end federal, multistate, and local payroll tax advisory services; payroll related federal, state and local tax controversy; and federal as well as state and local information reporting (1099 and 1042-S) issues
- Speaker for local chapters of the American Payroll Association, the New York University Annual Institute on State and Local Taxation, the Federation of Tax Administrators, the Tax Executives Institute, the Counsel on State Taxation, The American Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs and Lorman Education Services
- Can be contacted at email@example.com