Learn the key components to make your volunteer handbook an effective tool for your nonprofit.
At times, nonprofit organizations do not put enough emphasis on managing and rewarding their volunteers. Volunteers are a powerful group that can help further your mission, become donors, and become ambassadors to your brand and mission.
While volunteers are not employees, they do thrive on structure, direction, performance management, and constant and consistent recognition. This topic will provide content, direction, and strategies to build a positive and powerful volunteer handbook for your nonprofit.
- You will be able to define volunteer policies and procedures.
- You will be able to describe how to set expectations for volunteers.
- You will be able to discuss the importance of volunteer management.
- You will be able to review how to improve your volunteer handbook.
This Live Webinar Covers These Hot Issues:
Building a Volunteer Guide/Program
- What's Your Mission and Values?
- What Is Your History and Community Impact?
- Welcoming Letter From Your CEO or Executive Director
- General Conduct
- Safety and Security
- Progressive Discipline
- Communication Policies
- Attendance Policies
- Social Media Policies
- What Are the Expectations of the Volunteer to the Organization?
- What Are the Expectations of the Agency to the Volunteers?
- Performance Management
- Recognition and Feedback
- Sources for Recruiting
Credit Information (Sponsored by Lorman Education Services):
- HR Certification Institute
For Detailed Credit Information page click here
Only registered attendee will receive continuing education credit.
- Principal consultant
- More than 25 years nonprofit management including but not limited to budgeting, finance, grant writing, strategic planning, board training, retention of donors, employees and volunteers, and professional development
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops throughout the West Coast. Living in the Portland, Oregon metro area
- Wrote Downsizing: Alternatives for Companies; a resource for those affected
- Blogs for Mac’s List: https://www.macslist.org/author/brad-lebowsky/
- M.B.A. degree in nonprofit management specializing in finance and budgeting; Bachelor’s degree in environmental and occupational health
- Can be contacted at BradLebowsky@comcast.net or on his website: www.bradlebowsky.com