Don't be caught off guard. Make sure you are compliant with the IRS international withholding standards.
In an increasingly global society, many U.S. payers of items of income are unknowingly subject to withholding tax obligations for payments to foreign individuals and entities.
Understanding the rules for withholding on these payments can reduce liability to the IRS. Identify when income is subject to withholding, evaluate the proper procedures to withhold and comply with the proper documentation.
- You will be able to define qualified intermediaries.
- You will be able to recognize types of income subject to withholding.
- You will be able to discuss presumptions in the absence of documentation.
- You will be able to review Form 8804 for partnership withholding tax.
This Live Webinar Covers These Hot Issues:
Types of Income Subject to Withholding
- FATCA and the Threat of Withholding to Induce Disclosure
- Dividends, Interest, Rents and Royalties
- Partnership Income
- Withholding on Purchases of U.S. Real Estate
Determining the Beneficial Owners of Income
- Presumptions in the Absence of Documentation
- Qualified Intermediaries
- Nonqualified Intermediaries
- Forms 1042 Package
- Form 8804 for Partnership Withholding Tax
- Complying With the Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act
Credit Information (Sponsored by Lorman Education Services):
- Enrolled Agents
For Detailed Credit Information page click here
Only registered attendee will receive continuing education credit.
Adam R. Konrad, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c.
- Member of the Business, International and Tax Departments of Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c.
- Assists clients in a wide range of industries with international tax and business matters such as mergers and acquisitions, transfer pricing and export benefits
- Admitted to the bar in Illinois and Wisconsin
- LL.M and J.D. degrees in international and comparative law, Cornell Law School
- Can be contacted at 414-298-8737 or email@example.com
Robert Misey, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c.
- Chair of the International Department of Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c.
- Listed in the Best Lawyers In America
- Admitted to the State Bar of California, Kentucky Bar Association, State Bar of Wisconsin and The District of Columbia Bar
- LL.M. degree, Geogetown University; J.D. and M.B.A. degrees, Vanderbilt University; B.A. degree, University of Kentucky
- Can be contacted at 312-207-5456, 414-298-8135 or firstname.lastname@example.org