It is critical to your company's financial well-being to avoid the risks of not complying with unclaimed property reporting laws.
With increased state enforcement of unclaimed property laws, along with intensified media attention to consumer protection, and jurisdictional issues that have arisen between the states, the spotlight on unclaimed property is more intense than ever.
Never before has it warranted the time and attention of executives in every organization as it does today. This topic will bring to light the current unclaimed property landscape and how the risk of noncompliance may be a risk not worth taking.
- You will be able to define unclaimed property.
- You will be able to identify why it's an obligation and not an option.
- You will be able to recognize the risks of noncompliance.
- You will be able to discuss how to get into compliance.
This Live Webinar Covers These Hot Issues:
Defining Unclaimed Property
- No, It's Not Real Estate. What Is It? Where Does It Come From? How Do You Know If Your Company Is Holding Unclaimed Property?
Why It's an Obligation and Not an Option
- Each State Has an Unclaimed Property Law and No Two Are the Same, but All States Have a Filing Deadline. You May Even Be Required to File If You Have No Unclaimed Property to Report
What Are Your Responsibilities as a Holder?
- Responsibilities to Your Customers and to the State - Who Comes First?
What Are the Risks of Noncompliance?
- Fines, Penalties, Interest, Audit – and Maybe Some Bad Publicity
How to Get Into Compliance
- Controlling Your Own Destiny – Voluntary Compliance and Self-Assessments
Current Trends, Legislation and Looking Into the Unclaimed Property Crystal Ball
Credit Information (Sponsored by Lorman Education Services):
For Detailed Credit Information page click here
Only registered attendee will receive continuing education credit.
Maureen Ferrari Grollman, Unclaimed Property Advocates, LLC
- Managing Partner at UP Advocates (Unclaimed Property Advocates, LLC)
- Leads the UP Advocates annual reporting and advisory services initiatives, tailoring clients’ policies and procedures to specific compliance needs, offering risk assessments to evaluate potential unclaimed property liabilities, or providing a fully outsourced annual reporting solution
- Joined UP Advocates from a leading national consulting firm where she was managing director of Unclaimed Property Reporting, and previously VP-Operations; in these roles she managed a 20 person staff servicing more than 350 reporting clients; clients served came from industries including manufacturing, financial institutions, life insurance, utilities, oil and gas, transfer agents, broker dealers and mutual funds
- Started her unclaimed property career at the Pennsylvania Treasury, Bureau of Unclaimed Property, where among other duties she managed the State’s voluntary disclosure program (VDA), counseling and assisting companies with Pennsylvania’s statutory compliance obligations
- Member of the Unclaimed Property Professionals Organization (UPPO)
- Frequently speaks at national conferences on the topic of unclaimed property compliance
- Post-Baccalaureate diploma marketing communications and B.A. degree, political science, Elizabethtown College