Gain a better understanding of current reporting requirements, IRS enforcement trends, and other current tax issues.
With a new administration in Washington, D.C., many federal agencies are experiencing significant change in their priorities and outlook. The Internal Revenue Service is one such agency, with tax reform and reduction of tax burden top priorities both in Congress and the executive branch.
This topic will provide you with a unique perspective on the IRS as the agency undergoes myriad changes, including new leadership, budget constraints, and new priorities. This information will address current IRS enforcement trends, both criminal and civil, and will anticipate future trends in this area.
We will also address the latest developments with regard to tax information reporting requirements, including obligations imposed upon taxpayers with captive insurance arrangements and foreign financial assets.
- You will be able to discuss IRS enforcement trends.
- You will be able to review the continued offshore enforcement focus.
- You will be able to explain reporting requirements.
- You will be able to describe foreign information reporting forms.
This Live Webinar Covers These Hot Issues:
IRS Enforcement Trends
- Trends in Criminal Investigations and Prosecution, Including New Initiatives Undertaken by the IRS-Criminal Investigation Division
- Continued Offshore Enforcement Focus
- Captive Insurance Arrangements
- Cannabis Companies
- Developments Regarding Federal Tax Treatment of Bitcoin and Other Digital Currencies
- Estate and Gift Tax Update
- Tax Reform
- Form 8886 for Captive Insurance Arrangements
- Foreign Information Reporting Forms Update
Credit Information (Sponsored by Lorman Education Services):
For Detailed Credit Information page click here
Only registered attendee will receive continuing education credit.
Jennifer Benda, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Partner with Fox Rothschild LLP
- Former certified public accountant who focuses her practice on tax controversy, tax compliance and tax planning for clients with difficult and sophisticated tax issues
- Extensive experience handling cases involving IRS focused compliance regimes including for clients who invested in listed transactions, conservation easements, captive insurance arrangements, and clients who own marijuana businesses
- Experience as a CPA makes her uniquely qualified to address the issues of the marijuana industry, which are a unique blend of accounting and legal considerations
- Counsels accountants faced with professional liability issues
- J.D. degree, with honors, George Washington University Law School; M.S. and B.B.A. degrees in accounting, Texas A&M University
Matthew D. Lee, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Partner in the Philadelphia office of Fox Rothschild LLP
- Former U.S. Department of Justice trial attorney
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of white collar criminal defense and federal tax controversies
- Advises clients on FATCA and FBAR reporting requirements and IRS voluntary disclosure programs
- Counsels foreign banks on FATCA compliance issues
- Author of The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act Answer Book 2017 (Practising Law Institute)
- Frequent speaker and writer on issues relating to the IRS voluntary disclosure programs, DOJ/IRS enforcement efforts regarding undeclared foreign bank accounts, and FBAR and FATCA rules and regulations
- Member of the Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey and District of Columbia Bars
- J.D. degree, Emory University School of Law; B.A. degree, Furman University
- Can be contacted at 215-299-2765 or firstname.lastname@example.org